Senior Solaris UNIX Engineer
Full-Time or Long Term Consulting Contract (Salary/Rate is Open)
Location: Midtown Manhattan, NYC – (relocation package available if out of the area)
A Solaris team is looking to hire an experienced Senior Unix Engineer and looking to bring someone on either full-time or possibly under a long term consulting contract. Also if needed, they can provide H1 sponsorship.
The Solaris team is responsible for engineering new automated build, tooling, configuration and monitoring solutions for their Solaris SPARC environment. This is a very challenging environment working with the latest servers from Oracle, Solaris 11 Operating System and highly motivated staff focused on automation. This position requires proficiency in deploying and managing a large Solaris environment, engineering new solutions, and maintaining an acceptable level of performance from Solaris systems.
The client is looking for someone with at least 10 years of professional experience with a willingness and ability to lead by example and excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
An ideal candidate should have Data Center experience and be familiar with high end multi-path storage solutions, networks and servers in a mission critical environment.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Extensive Solaris 11 administrative experience including AI & IPS
- A deep understanding of UNIX concepts to include performance considerations Oracle Networking, NFS, ZFS
- Excellent Scripting skills in KSH & Perl Experience with native and third party tools is desired.
- G: snoop, tcpdump, compilers, CPAN, Veritas products ( volume manager, file system, cluster ), backup software
- Working knowledge of storage products:
- SAN, SSD, Filers, Multi-pathing software
- Project management experience on medium to large scale projects
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Good understanding of network and application architecture and concepts Knowledge of Oracle ILOM management
Other desirable skills:
- Familiarity with AIX/Linux
- Experience with Python
- Familiarity with a configuration management system (cfengine, puppet, chef)
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation using message-oriented middleware is a plus
- Participate in an energetic and active group environment, present ideas for review by a team of peers, seek ideal solutions through evaluation of merit, and achieve consensus on the final design.
- Look to enhance the Server provisioning process from an OS perspective and integrate third party software as required. Work revolves around AI and IPS.
- Enhance solutions to manage and deploy Solaris server builds (including virtual builds).
- Engineer solutions for deployment, performance management, and maintenance of Solaris based systems with an emphasis on quality of design that is efficient, usable, maintainable, and extensible.
- Test and certify newer SPARC hardware as well as new releases of the Solaris Operating System.
- Support production environment 24×7.